'We were looking for someone who walked on water’ - Paul Weiss chair on the firm's first UK lateral
Paul Weiss chairman Brad Karp on the thinking behind the firm's first London lateral since launching in the City in 2001
When Paul Weiss Rifkind Wharton & Garrison hired Simpson Thacher & Bartlett corporate partner Alvaro Membrillera earlier this year, the move marked the elite US firm’s first lateral hire in London since it first opened in the City 16 years ago.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651