Transfer Window: hires for Hogan Lovells, Dentons and Squire Patton Boggs
Other firms making hires include Simmons & Simmons, Berwin Leighton Paisner and Pinsent Masons
Finance heavyweight Maurice Allen has left his role as a consultant at Ropes & Gray, to focus on his new position at DLA Piper. Allen retired from Ropes’ partnership at the end of 2016 and took up consultancy positions at both firms. However, Ropes has now confirmed he will no longer hold a role at the firm and said: “Maurice’s consultancies with ourselves and DLA could not operate on a sufficiently conflict-free basis.” Allen founded Ropes’ London office in January 2010 with long-time colleague Mike Goetz, when the pair joined from Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer. He also set up Weil Gotshal & Manges’ City office in 1996.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651