Happy New Year? Partners predict strong 2015 but warn of bumps in the road
Senior lawyers highlight uncertainty in Europe and the upcoming UK general election as the key challenges of the year ahead
Chris Saul, senior partner, Slaughter and May“I think the outlook is one that can be described as cautiously optimistic for the top 50 firms. There is a decent amount of deal activity in the pipeline, and there is obviously a significant amount of ongoing dispute resolution and investigations work. The reason for overlaying that with caution is a number of more complex factors: the general election and the uncertainty that may result, the relative lack of growth in the eurozone and factors of uncertainty over Russia.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651