Co-op GC salary was already above FTSE 30 levels before pay scandal
Alistair Asher, the general counsel of the Co-operative Group, was already on a higher basic salary than the average FTSE 30 legal chief, according to the mutual's own estimates. Leaked details of the Co-op's executive remuneration review - first disclosed by The Observer at the weekend and since seen by Legal Week - show Asher's current basic salary of £475,000 is at the top end for UK listed companies.
Alistair Asher, the general counsel of the Co-operative Group, was on a higher basic salary than the average FTSE 30 legal chief even before news of the group’s above inflation pay review emerged at the weekend.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651