Diane Abbott: US firms "more sensitive to issues of diversity" than UK counterparts
Diane Abbott MP has said US law firms are ahead of their UK peers when it comes to workplace diversity and promoting opportunities for black and ethnic minority groups. Speaking today (30 January) at an event hosted by Pinsent Masons' London office, Abbott also put forward a "practical and business case" for diversity in the UK legal services industry.
Labour MP Diane Abbott has accused UK firms of lagging behind their US rivals when it comes to workplace diversity and promoting opportunities for black and ethnic minority groups.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651