Digital data: mitigating information security risk
It goes without saying that information and data is one of your business’s most valuable assets. In spite of this the average mid-sized business finds it hard to justify employees devoted solely to information security. However, in a world where digital data transfer is so vast and intrinsically linked to internal and external communication, now is the time to prioritise your information risk strategy. Besides the obvious problems of inefficiency associated with data loss there is also a very real risk to reputation that could result in legal action. Contrary to popular belief, it’s not all about investing in the next generation of security technology, there are many low cost wins that can be found in addressing issues of corporate culture and employee behaviour.
It goes without saying that information and data is one of your business’s most valuable assets. In spite of this the average mid-sized business finds it hard to justify employees devoted solely to information security.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651