Weil Gotshal secures key client payouts in MF Global case
Weil Gotshal & Manges and KPMG have reached a groundbreaking agreement in the MF Global administration that will see money returned to clients without the need for a court order. Weil Gotshal is advising administrator KPMG on the high-profile insolvency proceedings, which kicked off late last year and are the first under the UK’s new ‘special administration’ regime set up last year to protect market stability in the wake of Lehman Brothers’ 2008 collapse.
Weil Gotshal & Manges and KPMG have reached a groundbreaking agreement in the MF Global administration that will see money returned to clients without the need for a court order.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651