Freshfields mourns loss of name partner Arved Deringer
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer co-founder and name partner Arved Deringer has died at the age of 98. Deringer, one of the pioneers of European competition law and a former member of the European Parliament, passed away yesterday (25 October) in Stuttgart. Born in what is now the Ukraine in 1913, Deringer passed the German Bar exam in 1942, and went on to serve in the German navy during the Second World War, spending time as a prisoner of war in France until 1947.
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer co-founder and name partner Arved Deringer has died at the age of 98.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651