In the wake of disaster - Sony Ericsson's GC on reacting when disaster hits your business
At last month’s Legal Week Corporate Counsel Forum Europe, held at Luton Hoo and chaired by former Herbert Smith senior partner Lord David Gold, Sony Ericsson vice president and general counsel Jonathan Pearl led a panel alongside former Northgate Information Solutions legal head Jeremy Evans on crisis management. The pair outlined how their companies had dealt with the disasters of the Japan earthquake and tsunami earlier this year, and the enormous fire following the Buncefield oil depot explosion in Hemel Hempstead in 2005. Delegates heard how the crises affected the businesses as well as the legal teams’ roles in dealing with the initial disasters and getting the business back on track.
After the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, a key location for Sony Ericsson, the team acted quickly to locate staff and get the business back on track. Jonathan Pearl outlines the issues for a corporate after such a disaster
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651