Aviation team loss leaves Barlows up in the air
It's all very well having a strategy, but at a certain point a law firm has also got to be able to hold on to good partners. On that basis, news last week that Barlow Lyde & Gilbert's eight-partner aviation team is quitting to join Holman Fenwick Willan doesn't look good. The loss of such a highly-rated team - on some measures the largest switch between top 50 UK law firms since DLA Piper helped itself to a large chunk of Denton Wilde Sapte's media team back in 2004 - will raise fresh questions about Barlows' efforts to get back on track.
A great team acquisition for Holman, a worrying loss for Barlow Lyde & Gilbert
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651