Privately optimistic - An audience with... Private client
A gathering of leading private client lawyers has given the UK coalition Government's emergency budget a cautious thumbs-up, despite the tension generated by clear differences in the pre-coalition taxation policies of the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats. Leaders from the private client legal community gathered at the May Fair Hotel in London on 29 June - a week after the emergency budget was delivered - to debate the impact of the package of tax changes unveiled by Chancellor George Osborne.
On 29 June, one week after the UK coalition Government announced the emergency budget, private client lawyers gathered to discuss the repercussions. John Malpas reports
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651