Kirkland swoops once more - and this time it's personal
Kirkland & Ellis moves to dramatically bolster its London arm, two private equity partners quit a prestigious City practice, seven-figure sums are bandied around and feathers are well and truly ruffled... No, this isn't a flashback to Kirkland's much-hyped recruitment of Linklaters duo Graham White and Raymond McKeeve at the height of the credit boom in 2006. But you don't have to look too hard to see the similarities in the recruitment this month of Gavin Gordon and David Arnold, two well-regarded young partners in Ashurst's corporate practice.
A strangely familiar buyout hire looks more promising than its boom-time predecessor
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651