Herbert Smith helps Sky to court victory in long-running IT dispute
Herbert Smith has secured a major court victory for BSkyB which could see the broadcaster receive more than £200m in damages from IT supplier Electronic Data Systems (EDS). The long-awaited judgment, handed down by Mr Justice Ramsey in the Technology and Construction Court yesterday (26 January), found that EDS made false and negligent misrepresentations and was in breach of contract regarding a customer relationship management system it undertook to design and build.
Herbert Smith has secured a major court victory for BSkyB which could see the broadcaster receive more than £200m in damages from IT supplier Electronic Data Systems (EDS).
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651