Top 50 law firms size up scheme to spread tax bills for six months
Hammonds and DLA Piper are among a number of top 50 law firms considering spreading their July tax bill out over a number of months to boost short-term cash flow. The firms are considering applying to HM Revenue & Customs to pay the biannual tax bill, due 31 July, over monthly installments over up to six months. They could be eligible for the HMRC scheme because their profits have dropped over the last year - although each firm applying to HRMC will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Top 50 law firms size up HMRC scheme to allow businesses to spread out their tax bills
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651