Career Clinic: Is a Singapore switch a realistic option?
"I’m qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales (since 2004) and an attorney in New York (since 2006). I have also practised in both jurisdictions, mainly in litigation. "My husband has been offered a job in Singapore and we are debating whether to go. Does anybody know if I need to requalify as a lawyer in Singapore to work there, and if so, what is involved and how long will it take? Or can I get a job at an international law firm in Singapore based upon my qualifications and experience in England and New York? And what are peoples' experiences of Singapore as a place to live and/or work?"
“I’m qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales (since 2004) and an attorney in New York (since 2006). I have also practised in both jurisdictions, mainly in litigation.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651