Capital markets team of the year
To say there has been turmoil in capital markets would perhaps win an award for understatement of the year. These extraordinary times have placed new demands on lawyers, and the finalists demonstrated that they have what it takes to help clients through the turbulence. The judges hailed the way Allen & Overy's (A&O's) capital markets team has adapted to the downturn. Much of A&O's recent work has involved crisis management, whether restructuring transactions, making existing structures more resilient or advising on derivatives and structured finance. A&O has been particularly active in the structured investment vehicles field and the covered bond market, while its equity capital markets work includes advising Imperial Tobacco on a £4.9bn rights issue, the second largest underwritten issue in the UK ever.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651