Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe partners are slumming it these days. Practice group retreats? Not this year. Flights to meetings? Try video conferencing. If you need to fly, go by yourself.Small things, says Orrick chairman Ralph Baxter. But he says the savings aren't meaningless - Orrick is saving "tens of millions of dollars" through small changes like that. "In the long term, these are expenses that are necessary, but in the short term we can postpone or reduce them," Baxter says.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651