Wilko is out
Journalists are certainly no shirkers when it comes to blagging the occasional freebie or three. Indeed, several Diary spies have not actually paid for one meal since first being admitted to the Legal Week command beacon.But nothing quite compares to the dedication to the ligging lifestyle shown by canny in-housers in the private equity econo-sphere.Claire Wilkinson, founder of in-house networking group the Private Equity Lawyers Forum, recently batted her eyelashes at former firm Slaughter and May - apparently not exactly famed in the in-house community for its generous entertaining - and managed to convince the top-flight M&A shop to stump up a plush three-course meal for the entire group.Whether the in-housers were given their own personalised napkin-holders in classic Slaughters silver is not yet known.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651