Mediation saves industry billions, says survey
Since 1990 mediation has saved UK industry approximately £6.3bn, according to a survey of 351 mediators conducted by the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR). In the last 12 months 3,700 mediations occurred - a 33% increase from the CEDR's audit in 2005. The survey also found 13% of experienced mediators, each undertaking 50-100 cases a year, are earning £282,000 or more, up from £177,000 in 2005. The findings represent the first time CEDR has been able to publish data on the overall impact of commercial mediation.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651