Make sure all your bases are covered
Elaine Nolan highlight the increase in the number of claims against directors and officers of UK companies and discuss the increasing importance of the purchase of directors' and officers' insurance cover
Corporate scandal, stricter corporate governance and the increase in the number of claims against directors and officers of UK companies mean that many companies view the purchase of directors’ and officers’ (D&O) insurance cover, as increasingly important. D&O cover is designed to protect directors and officers from any claims that arise in relation to the discharge of their duties. Companies are permitted to purchase and maintain D&O cover for their officers and auditors under Section 310 of the CompaniesAct 1985.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651