Shepherd & Wedderburn launches City tech practice
Legal Week reports
Shepherd & Wedderburn is to launch a technology, media and telecoms (TMT) practice in the City in a strategy shift for the leading Edinburgh firm.Capital projects and telecommunications partner Stephen Hubner is to become the first Shepherds lawyer to be permanently based in the City.The firm, which has offices in both Edinburgh and Glasgow, already has a service office on Cannon Street in London, however this will be Shepherds first attempt to set up a fully operational London presence.“While many technology IPOs have stalled, we are continuing to experience further growth in our London and south-of-England-based TMT and capital projects business,” said Shepherds chief executive Paul Hally. For the time being the new London practice will focus on private equity and early stage funding fundraising. However, Hally does not rule out expanding into general corporate work.Shepherds is the fifth major Scottish law firm to have a presence in the British capital.McGrigor Donald, Maclay Murray & Spens, and Dickson Minto all have offices, while Dundas & Wilson, Scotland’s largest and most profitable law firm, has a London presence in the form of Garretts, its Andersen Legal partner.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651