Garrigues promotes 15 lawyers to partnership as revenue swells above €350m
Promotions include Spanish firm's fourth partner in Brussels
Spanish heavyweight Garrigues has promoted 15 lawyers to its partnership, after boosting global revenues by 3% to €357m (£318m) during 2017-18.
The majority of this year’s partner promotions – the firm’s largest round since 2016 – have been made in Garrigues’ domestic offices across Spain, where it has 18 bases.
The firm has also made up one new partner in Brussels – Alfonso Lamadrid de Pablo, who becomes the fourth partner in the office – as well as one apiece in its Bogota and Lima bases.
With the new additions, the firm now has 300 partners around the world. During the last financial year it boosted revenues outside Spain to more than €45m (£40m), while turnover in Latin America, where the firm has five offices, grew by 26% to €23.5m (£21m).
The new appointments follow the firm’s partner conference last week, where subjects discussed included attracting and retain talent, the impact of new technology and the challenges of an increasingly uncertain market.
Executive chairman Fernando Vives told Legal Week: “Our main challenge continues to be how to offer the same level of excellence in client service and anticipate client needs. Technology can help us, but only if it makes us more efficient and allows us to become more competitive and provide better services.”
Garrigues also has a small office in London, which since 2011 has been led by corporate partner Ignacio Corbera Dale.
Garrigues 2018 partner promotions in full
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651