Dealmaker: Baker McKenzie's Helen Bradley on being a deal junkie, snackable content and cake runs
Baker McKenzie corporate finance head Helen Bradley recently advised on the demerger of the Bank of Georgia parent company BGEO Group, and is currently…
Baker McKenzie corporate finance head Helen Bradley recently advised on the demerger of the Bank of Georgia parent company BGEO Group, and is currently advising Saudi Arabia’s Alawwal Bank on its proposed merger with the Saudi British Bank. She joined Baker McKenzie in 1996.
Why did you become a lawyer? Inspired by Perry Mason (re-runs obviously). I loved the drama of the courtroom and the power of skilful advocacy. When I started my training however, I soon realised that I was really a deal junkie and corporate was the only thing for me.
Who has been the biggest influence on your career? I have never told him this, and I doubt he would ever guess, but Paul Rawlinson, our global chair, has been the biggest influence on my career. He believed in me when I doubted myself.
What’s your proudest professional moment? Seeing a hugely talented but struggling mentee achieve her potential and knowing, in some way, you helped her achieve this.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651