Piper Alderman secures court win in key S&P securities ratings litigation
Australian firm Piper Alderman has secured a key court victory in a case brought against ratings agency Standard & Poor's (S&P) and Dutch bank ABN Amro by investors who claimed they were misled about financial products. An Australian federal court this week ruled in favour of 13 local councils in New South Wales, which brought claims against S&P, ABN and the Local Government Financial Services (LGSF) after losing more than 90% of their investment in S&P-rated products issued by ABN in 2006.
Australian firm Piper Alderman has secured a key court victory in a case brought against ratings agency Standard & Poor’s (S&P) and Dutch bank ABN Amro by investors who claimed they were misled about financial products.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651
The claim relates to advice given to Maple Bank's collapsed German arm over so called 'cum-ex' transactions.
Last year, the firm made up just 12 lawyers across its global offices.
Partner Gary Yin and senior consultant Ben Yates will join the Chinese firm as partners. Yin will launch and lead the disputes practice at Jingtian's Hong Kong office, which currently focuses on initial public offerings.
Think Lean Daily Message
"Sending a client just legal advice, in the s