Bird & Bird advises IAAF on Russian athletes' doping case
Court of Arbitration for Sport upholds athletics body’s decision to ban Russian athletes from Rio Olympics after widespread failures of doping tests
Bird & Bird has advised the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) on its legal dispute with Russian athletes and the Russian Olympic Committee (ROC), over its decision to ban Russian athletes from the upcoming Rio Olympics because of doping offences.
The firm represented the athletics body in the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) as the ROC and a group of athletes appealed the decision to ban them.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651