Geffen ousted as Tidswell wins Ashurst chair election
Ashurst's dispute resolution partner Ben Tidswell (pictured) has been elected as the new chair of Ashurst, replacing current senior partner Charlie Geffen in the firm's top management position. Tidswell - who will take up the role from 1 November - ran against Geffen and legacy Blakes competition and consumer protection partner Peter Armitage. Voting closed at 12pm yesterday (Tuesday) and it is understood that Tidswell won the support of the majority of partners in the first round of voting.
Ashurst dispute resolution partner Ben Tidswell (pictured) has been elected as the firm’s new chair, beating current senior partner Charlie Geffen in a vote among partners.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651