Stobarts wins ABS licence to launch legal arm alongside barrister service
Logistics company Stobart Group is to launch a law firm to complement its burgeoning barrister service after gaining an alternative business licence (ABS) from the Solicitors Regulation Authority. One Legal, which was set up by Stobart Group's legal director and founder of Stobart Barristers Trevor Howarth, will primarily provide a litigation service to insurance claims while also offering a wider service. Howarth was tight-lipped on detailed plans for the new venture, only to say an announcement would be made in the next few weeks.
Logistics company Stobart Group is to launch a law firm to complement its direct access barristers service after receiving an alternative business licence (ABS) from the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651