Lawyer to the Lions: Bird & Bird partner Max Duthie's Lions tour diary - part 2
The Lions' first match on tour was against the Barbarians in Hong Kong. I got to the Hong Kong Stadium a couple of hours before kick-off to meet with the citing commissioner and judicial officer appointed by the International Rugby Board (IRB) to adjudicate on the match. The Lions' bagman, who is a lovely Irish guy called Rala, had arrived a full eight hours before kick-off in order to get the dressing room ready: now that is proper dedication (pictured right: Rala's pristine Lions' dressing room hours before kick off in Hong Kong).
Max Duthie, a partner in Bird & Bird’s sports group, is the legal officer to the British and Irish Lions, travelling with the tour party on its historic tour to Hong Kong and Australia for six weeks. He is writing a tour diary, exclusively for Legal Week. This is his second warts-and-all instalment.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651