Leveson counsel Jay among trio appointed to High Court Bench
Lead counsel to the Leveson Inquiry Robert Jay QC has been appointed a High Court Judge. Jay joins the Queen's Bench Division alongside two other new appointees Sue Carr QC and Judge Andrew Gilbart. Jay is replacing the retiring Mr Justice Roderick Evans and will take up the role from 4 June. In July 2011 he was appointed to join Lord Justice Leveson on the public inquiry into cases of phone-hacking and other wrongdoing at now-defunct Sunday tabloid, the News of the World.
Lead counsel to the Leveson Inquiry Robert Jay QC has been appointed a High Court Judge.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651