Career Clinic: How can I keep my hand in with my career while raising children?
"Perhaps I am missing something here - but is it really necessary to take another one and a half to two years off before returning to the law? Lots of women return to the law after much shorter maternity breaks than this..."
“I am currently on a career break raising my one-year-old son. I want to have one more baby, and as I’m 38 I don’t really want to hang around. This means I will probably be off work for another one-and-a-half to two years.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651