Best Use of Technology of the Year: Sacker & Partners
Pensions specialist Sacker & Partners has secured the Best Use of Technology Award for a new disaster recovery system that has dramatically shortened the time its systems will be down in the face of a major disruption to its business. Sackers employs an IT team of just three people. They support 50 fee-earning lawyers providing legal advice to 700 clients, including trustees, employers and other organisations such as trade unions and charities. “With an in-house team of three, Sackers has an average ratio of IT to non-IT staff,” says head of IT Danny O’Connor. “But we need access to IT services that are way beyond the average capability of three people.”
Winner: Sacker & Partners
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651