Murdoch cites ‘major mistake’ at legal adviser in culmination of a week of high drama
News Corporation head Rupert Murdoch has alleged that one of his group's legal advisers, Harbottle & Lewis, made "a major mistake" in its part in an internal investigation into phone-hacking at the media mogul's newspaper business. Murdoch made the comments in an interview with The Wall Street Journal published today (15 July), citing "a major mistake" on the London law firm's part in an investigation carried out four years ago into the scale of phone-hacking at Murdoch's UK newspaper arm.
News Corporation head Rupert Murdoch has alleged that one of his group’s legal advisers, Harbottle & Lewis, made “a major mistake” in its part in an internal investigation into phone-hacking at the media mogul’s newspaper business.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651