News International legal manager leaves as public inquiry details are confirmed
News International's longstanding legal manager Tom Crone has left the company as the ongoing phone hacking scandal continues to escalate. Crone spent more than 20 years with News International, providing legal advice on editorial matters at both The Sun and the News of the World (NoW), which published its final issue last weekend (10 July) after being closed down after 168-years in response to the scandal.
News International’s longstanding legal manager Tom Crone has left the company, with the news emerging as parent company News Corporation withdrew its takeover bid for BSkyB and Prime Minister David Cameron confirmed details of the public inquiry to be held on the phone-hacking scandal.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651