Disruption as usual - on the 'bleeding edge' at Google with the world's fastest-moving legal team
Spend time with the energetic crew at Google, and the word “disrupt” comes up a lot. Google’s businesses tend to do that to the traditional marketplace, and Googlers (as they call themselves) make no apologies. In fact, they use the word with pride – sounding like 1960s protesters determined to shake the establishment. The company’s lawyers often find themselves in the thick of it – before, during, and after “disruptions”. And you might expect them to sound a little upset, since they have to deal with the sometimes messy consequences. But they, too, seem to relish rattling the barricades.
Win or lose, Google’s staff is taking the law and legal departments where they haven’t gone before. David Hechler reports
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651