News International turns to Olswang for new code of practice amid phone-hacking scandal
Olswang has been instructed by News International to draw up a new code of practice for the company amid new revelations in the News of the World (NoW) phone-hacking scandal. The UK top 40 law firm's senior partner Mark Devereux and head of judicial review and public law Dan Tench have been appointed to lead the review, which will see the firm recommend new policies, practices and systems in an effort to help the news group to prevent a repeat of recent events.
Olswang has been instructed by News International to draw up a new code of practice for the company amid new revelations in the News of the World (NoW) phone-hacking scandal.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651