Freshfields wins role on Treasury's billion-pound Northern Rock sale
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer has picked up a high-profile mandate advising on the sale of state-owned mortgage lender Northern Rock by UK Financial Investments (UKFI), the body which manages the Government's stakes in UK banks. Corporate partner Barry O'Brien, a longstanding adviser to the Newcastle-based lender's board, is leading the team advising Northern Rock, working alongside global head of finance Alan Newton. The sale is hoped to generate more than £1bn for the Treasury.
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer has picked up a high-profile mandate advising on the sale of state-owned mortgage lender Northern Rock by UK Financial Investments (UKFI), the body which manages the Government’s stakes in UK banks.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651