Clients, partners polled on merger with Clydes and BLG set for July vote
Barlow Lyde & Gilbert and Clyde & Co partners could approve their potential merger as early as July, with the resulting tie-up likely to go live later this year. The merger talks, exclusively revealed by Legal Week on 3 June, have now reached advanced stages, with both firms this week discussing with clients and partners a high-stakes deal that would be the largest-ever merger between two UK law firms. Talks have been ongoing since March this year, after Barlows insurance dispute resolution partner Tim Taylor and Clydes senior partner Michael Payton held initial discussions.
UK legal insurance leaders look to clear path for landmark merger with hopes of partner vote as soon as July
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651