UK Supreme Court TV launches with live internet coverage
Proceedings in the UK Supreme Court can now be watched live over the internet in an effort to make the court more transparent and accessible. A live stream of the court's hearings and judgments went live today (16 May) on Sky News and can be accessed via the court's website. The Supreme Court is already exempt from the prohibition on the filming of court proceedings in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, but until now footage has only been used in a limited amount of news coverage and a number of documentaries.
Proceedings in the UK Supreme Court can now be watched live over the internet in an effort to make the court more transparent and accessible.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651