Brand or bland - why the play-it-safe look is always in vogue for lawyers
'Branding' is the new big buzzword among the legal set these days - it's up there with 'teamwork' and 'collaboration' and other concepts strange and exotic to most lawyers. Sure, we sort of know what 'teamwork' entails (eg, lawyers sharing Chinese takeaways around a conference table), but does anyone really know what branding means for law firms and lawyers? Your firm is probably paying consultants a bundle to figure out this brand thing. But I'd like to talk about an aspect that they probably wouldn't touch: your looks - and how they affect your personal brand.
‘Branding’ is the new big buzzword among the legal set these days – it’s up there with ‘teamwork’ and ‘collaboration’ and other concepts strange and exotic to most lawyers. Sure, we sort of know what ‘teamwork’ entails (eg, lawyers sharing Chinese takeaways around a conference table), but does anyone really know what branding means for law firms and lawyers?
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651