Career Clinic: Law firm BD and marketing outside of London - a pipe dream?
"I have a very strong academic background in law to masters level, and in addition to support and fee earning experience, I have around four years' business development and marketing experience, and have worked on some excellent projects at senior level. However, I simply cannot get a BD role in a law firm in the northwest, where I am based. I have in the past been offered several roles in London with some excellent firms, but I am just not in a position to relocate at this time. "Am I better simply just to move to London and make the jump? Why do firms place such an emphasis on BD and marketing teams being in London rather than regional offices?"
“I have a very strong academic background in law to masters level, and in addition to support and fee earning experience, I have around four years’ business development and marketing experience, and have worked on some excellent projects at senior level.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651