CC and Herbert Smith advise as Essar Energy plans $350m refinery purchase
Herbert Smith and Clifford Chance (CC) have lined up to advise on Essar Energy's exclusive agreement to buy Shell's Stanlow refinery in Cheshire for around $350m (£214.4m). The agreement, which will see Shell leave the UK refinery market if it goes through, saw Essar agree to pay a break fee of $50m (£31m) if it backs out of the deal before the exclusivity period ends on 31 March.
Herbert Smith and Clifford Chance (CC) have lined up to advise on Essar Energy’s exclusive agreement to buy Shell’s Stanlow refinery in Cheshire for around $350m (£214.4m).
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651