Ex-CC secretary receives 15-month jail sentence for expenses fraud
A former Clifford Chance (CC) secretary was jailed last week for defrauding the magic circle firm of more than £23,000. Jodie Groom, 33, who was based in CC's City headquarters, has been jailed for 15 months after being sentenced on 15 counts of fraud. The secretary, who worked in the firm's construction department, was dismissed from the firm in July 2009 after CC uncovered her actions via internal checks.
A former Clifford Chance (CC) secretary was jailed last week for defrauding the magic circle firm of more than £23,000.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651