Clifford Chance calls off India 'best friends' relationship with AZB
Clifford Chance (CC) has ended its 'best friends' relationship with Indian outfit AZB & Partners as hopes fade of the Indian legal market opening up to foreign law firms any time soon. The two firms decided to downgrade their 'best friends' relationship to 'good friends' at a meeting earlier this month. The decision was made because the long-awaited liberalisation of the Indian legal market looks increasingly unlikely to happen in the near future.
Clifford Chance (CC) has ended its ‘best friends’ relationship with Indian outfit AZB & Partners as hopes fade of the Indian legal market opening up to foreign law firms any time soon.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651