...then we take Manhattan - strategic shifts and calculated bets at Norton Rose
Back in June 2009, in the wake of news that Norton Rose was set to take over mid-tier Australian firm Deacons, Legal Week noted the wall of negativity that greeted the City stalwart's trip down under. Gauging the feedback following Norton Rose's dual takeover of Canada's Ogilvy Renault and leading South African practice Deneys Reitz reveals an interesting shift - while there is plenty of sniping, there is now more grudging admiration and some of the doubters seem to be rather going through the motions.
Back in June 2009, in the wake of news that Norton Rose was set to take over mid-tier Australian firm Deacons, Legal Week noted the wall of negativity that greeted the City stalwart’s trip down under.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651