SJ Berwin to revamp management setup in wake of communication criticism
SJ Berwin is set to overhaul its governance structure to bring it in line with the firm's size and geographic spread. Managing partner Rob Day kicked off a consultation with partners last week - as the firm's protracted merger talks with US firm Proskauer Rose came to an end after months of unsettling discussions. Day said the overhaul, which formed part of his election campaign for the managing partner post, was necessary because the management structure had not evolved in line with the growth of the firm. It comes after partners criticised communication between management and the partnership throughout the long-running merger talks with Proskauer and the previous year when the firm withheld a number of profit distributions from partners.
SJ Berwin is set to overhaul its governance structure to bring it in line with the firm’s size and geographic spread.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651