When the music's over – SJ Berwin goes home alone
"The talks [between SJ Berwin and Proskauer Rose] remain at a relatively early stage but with the UK firm's strategy becoming increasingly public, neither party is expected to needlessly draw the process out." That line from a blog in May certainly isn't going to go down as one of my more astute predictions because, of course, the pair did go on to draw the process out, before today (12 November) announcing the end of the protracted merger discussions.
“The talks [between SJ Berwin and Proskauer Rose] remain at a relatively early stage but with the UK firm’s strategy becoming increasingly public, neither party is expected to needlessly draw the process out.”
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651