Linklaters takes BP role on $650m oil wells sale to Japanese investor
Linklaters has taken a lead role for BP on the $650m (£412m) sale of four oil wells in the Gulf of Mexico, reports the Am Law Daily. The sale to to Japanese trading company Marubeni is BP's latest move to sell off up to $30bn (£19bn) in assets to offset the rising costs associated with cleaning up the Gulf of Mexico after the disastrous explosion aboard its Deepwater Horizon offshore drilling rig in April.
Linklaters has taken a lead role for BP on the $650m (£412m) sale of four oil wells in the Gulf of Mexico, reports the Am Law Daily.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651