Shearman and Skadden lead on €1.7bn sale of metal packaging co
A duo of US law firms has taken lead roles on a €1.7bn (£1.5bn) deal that will form a new worldwide food packaging group. The deal, which was financed in the high-yield bond market, handed roles to both Shearman & Sterling and Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom. It saw Dublin-headquartered Ardagh Glass buy Dutch metal packaging company Impress Cooperative from private equity house Doughty Hanson. Under the terms of the deal, Ardagh will offer the €1.7bn (£1.5bn) in secured and unsecured notes in both euros and US dollars in order to fund the acquisition.
A duo of US law firms has taken lead roles on a €1.7bn (£1.5bn) deal that will form a new worldwide food packaging group.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651