Career Clinic: My boss doesn't trust me to manage while she's away
"My boss has gone off for a long holiday, as she does every August, but she's constantly on her BlackBerry and calls in to the office on a regular basis making demands and generally sticking her nose in. While she's away, it gives myself and some of my colleagues more of an opportunity to take on a bit more responsibility and do things our own way, but it's as if she doesn't trust us to get things done without her guidance.
“My boss has gone off for a long holiday, as she does every summer, but she’s constantly on her BlackBerry and calls in to the office on a regular basis making demands and generally sticking her nose in.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651