Tried and trusted focus reaps rewards for Travers
Anyone who doubts the value of sticking to your gameplan would do well to look at the recent performance of Travers Smith, which as we reported this month has outpaced all comparable City practices in 2009-10 by managing to hike profits per equity partner (PEP) by 53% to £705,000. In isolation, such a rise in profits can be dismissed in a year in which many firms saw rebounding PEP numbers on the back of tough cost squeezes. However, Travers was one of the few to also manage a rise in revenues - by a healthy 11.6% - so the firm is clearly growing the business.
Travers shows the value of sticking to your gameplan as private equity leads revival
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651